- TinyMe comes with KDE desktop
- TinyMe is based on PCLinuxOS
- TinyMe is comparable to Puppy Linux, Damn Small Linux (DSL) or AntiX, which are all very small Linux distros meant for computers with limited resources
What I liked:
- Fast like lightning on my machine
- The desktop looks great despite no actual desktop environment. TinyMe uses Openbox Window Manager.
- he TinyCC is a control center just for TinyMe that allows you to fully customize your TinyMe
- Despite the size, most of the applications I use every day were already right on the desktop
- An app for killing frozen applications (like Gnome's fabulous force-quit)
What I didn't like:
- Conky (a system monitor application) on the desktop (can be removed but it is not a newbie-friendly process
- I had some confusion as to what was in the control center and what was in TinyCC--mostly just my short-term memory issues not a serious problem but a minor annoyance for me
I was sorely, sorely tempted to install this to harddrive and I may still install it with the option for dual-booting..I give it a B for looks and an A- for functionality (for my purposes anyway). I am just a baby geek after all and I do absolutely love deb and mint packages and I likely won't want to give that up but this distro tempts me like no other!