- Jibbed is based off of NetBSD and is a BSD operating system, not Linux
- Jibbed is a play on a misspelling of an Arabic word meaning great (approximately)
- Basically, Jibbed is "poking fun" at a user whose English and spelling is bad and all his forum posts were signed NetBSD is very JIHBED, which seems to be a misspelling of jahbad (supposedly) but it shows the humor of the users.
What I liked:
- Fast like lightning on my machine
- Xfce is lightweight and fast desktop which in this version was very stable. (I have had stability issues in the past with Xfce)
- Jibbed has a very similar feel to a Linux distro.
- Visually nice, with the ability to customize the desktop
What I didn't like:
- Had to look up how to start the Live CD (by the way, it's startx yes, that simple but hey if you don't know...)
- I couldn't figure out how to access application list or repository.
This was my very first experiment with BSD and I was not displeased with it. Jibbed is a fine live CD distro. I won't be replacing my Mint anytime soon with it but for anyone who wants to give BSD a try, this is a good way to go. For newbie friendliness, I give it a C, and appearance a B+. Makes me want to further explore BSD in the future!